Fantastic news

Any off topic chat not related to anything, no spamming please.

Fantastic news

Postby smiffy6969 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:35 pm

I am not one for airing my laundry in public (for those not so used to english phrases, I mean sharing personal information)..... But I gotta shout this everywhere.

For those who don't know me, I have a special little boy whos 5. He has a lot of medical issues, some fixable some not. We have nearly lost him twice to the big man in the sky and he has been put to sleep 12 times, with 6 of those times being operations.

He is the happiest little boy you could meet (until his little brother takes his cars), he is kind, loving, loves his big sister with a passion, and he always gives me the biggest cuddles when I come home from work.

Little Joseph had one special problem though, a cyst the size of a grape in his head, sitting there like a time bomb waiting to expand and crush his brain. After 3 agonising years of waiting, waking up each morning and nudging him to see if he is with us for another day, we finally got the news on wednesday that his cyst is not growing and is benign. It is in such a place that it cannot be removed, so this is the news we have been waiting for.

We have had to endure this for too long, along with all the other issues (kidney, spinal, sight, hearing, neck, throat, anal.......), but this has been the big slap in the face, everytime we get to grips with something, this nagging thought in your head says, but theres his cyst......... but now we can finally start to relax a little and enjoy the time he has.

BIG BIG hugs to my brave, always smiling (even when naughty nurses are sticking him with needles), adorable little man, you just had your life handed back to you....

words cannot really do justice

smiffy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smiffy6969

Re: Fantastic news

Postby StaticExtasy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Excellent news Paul. Congrats and my best to you and your family.

My family endured something similar with me, an infection which led to me having a procedure called "Mastoidectomy" Google it if you are unfamiliar with it. But when i was about your boys age it was a similar process i went through. and i too could not have my infection removed, too close to the brain. They fed me meds for around 6 months[i think was so long ago] to shrink it (located behind my right ear where the mastoid bone is located.)

Things happen for a reason and whether people believe it or not we are all here for one purpose and we find that out ourselves. While I have limited hearing in my right ear[about 40% loss] and about 20% loss in my left ear I still manage, just have to get yelled at to turn the TV down a bit all the time haha. It's difficult and i'm proud of your boy too, it takes courage to go through that kind of stuff. To come out kicking and ready to fight the world some more is a great accomplishment. He'll take after you well and surpass you one day, watch out :)
-StaticExtasy
Michael P.
DMH Computers
mike@dmhcomputers.com
StaticExtasy

Postby smiffy6969 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:15 am

I'll raise a glass to that last comment, I would have no problems being inferior to any of my little darlings.

I too beleive we are all here for one reason, and also that special parents get special kids, normal parents couldn't cope, so they have to go to special parents. We have had a very hard 5 years, but thongs seem to be going in the right direction now.

Thanks for your post bud.

Smiffy.

Oh Yeh, the puppy doesnt look like that anymore, he's one today, and about 5 stone in weight, he's massive for a lab already.
smiffy6969

Postby Adminer » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:07 am

Great news Paul!
It's a very difficult to say "it's wonderfull" in english - but all good news ale welcome.
It should be.

Regards
Adminer

Postby markfoz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Really pleased for both of you to hear that. Sounds like the poor brave little fella has really been through the wars. Wishing you both the best.
markfoz

Postby andyash » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:41 pm

May God grant your son a long, healthy and happy life. Cheers to his bravery and to yours for still having taken time out from your personal life to keep this project alive and kicking. May God bless you.
andyash

Return to Off-Topic Discussions