LedSign bladepack

Any off topic chat not related to anything, no spamming please.

LedSign bladepack

Postby Adminer » Fri May 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Many years ago I started to use something looks good for me - a LedSign java component.

Now I can see, that this is not working - this java code is blocked by all browsers - for example you can see this here not working:
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~geist/java/book/applets/LED/

Is anybody who know, why this code is blocked by browser now, and what to do with this java code for all modern browsers?

Idea was simple - in txt file we write our text to display, and LED is displaing it, and animate better then adobe flash.
Idea for bladepack - mini editor for text file, and LED on the page or with infobar - as funny gadget.

Very good for all people who wants to do any promotions in quick way and hate flash. ;-)

Paul - you are java master now... Can You have a look inside this code? Any help with it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adminer

Re: LedSign bladepack

Postby smiffy6969 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Hiya, long time no speak ;)

I think i understand what you are after, to be honest, using java for this kind of thing to me is overkill..... you could do this with pure css and maybe css animation if needed.

rather than try and cling on to the past, it is much better to look to the future, and develop something using todays technologies.

I have seen countdown digital clocks done using css and javascript to drive it. I see no reason a marque text type effect on digital boards (like at airports and train stations) couldn't be achieved with either pure css or css javascript mix.

One problem I do have though is that I would not be doing this for version 2. I have put all new development into v3, with only bug updates for v2 being left. So if you do want this kind of functionality we would be doing it for v3.

Have you had chance to look at v3 yet? I would love to hear your thoughts buddy.

ta

smiffy
smiffy6969

Postby Adminer » Tue May 20, 2014 12:46 am

smiffy6969 wrote:... you could do this with pure css and maybe css animation if needed.
I see no reason a marque text type effect on digital boards (like at airports and train stations) couldn't be achieved with either pure css or css javascript mix.
I have put all new development into v3, with only bug updates for v2 being left. So if you do want this kind of functionality we would be doing it for v3.
Have you had chance to look at v3 yet? I would love to hear your thoughts buddy.
ta
smiffy

Long time no speak :-) But stiil here on board!!!
I remember that LedSign from my past - and so many effects there are - marque text type effect can not be done by css with another java now. It was perfect with simple txt files to run, and easy. It's may be as simple bladepack for v3 too. :-)

My sugestions about v3.
People like me are downloading emty core system. When they find doc, how to login into admin backend - they can see admin area - I must find it ;-). They can edit existing page or create a new one. It's very good solution for all people who know CMS idea, PHP, etc....
My idea is simple: you should create parallel version v3 for all developers to run on localhost, and that version should be full working on localhost as a www service with many pages and submenu, themes, demo blades there.

My suggestion is to start and create v3dev.rev0001.zip version with all manuals inside like a simple working portal - put inside menus with all documentation:
1. on the starting page - Hello and readme - how to login to the backend;
2 http://archive.razorcms.co.uk/documents ... _guide.pdf in top-nav
3. http://archive.razorcms.co.uk/documents ... _guide.pdf in sidebar
etc...
with all blades and theme example.

This v3dev.rev0001 will be the first, and with the progress and updates - next version will be create as a v3dev.rev0002 etc.

Everything about v3 will be in one place to read by users and developers, and will be using the power of v3 to test on localhost, with many examples of bladepacks, themes and others extensions instaled inside.

On localhost - we are working a lot of time, so doc folder on localhost and working system with demo and doc - I think it's good idea to create our mini v3 wikipedia.
Potencial users on localhost will be learning how to edit existing pages, one simple step will be done to... fall in love. ;-) It's may be a notes for developers too - on pendrive too.
And manual for v3 will be easy to use - people may have many problems to find v3 documentation in pdf files. People are lazy and do not always know, how to look for more information.
Unzip or install wiki with manual - it's easy.
They start to use "empty" version in the next step.

What do you think about my idea to create full working virtual wiki documentation to test v3? I woluld like to see full working demo to learn all the possibilities. :-)

ta
Remigiusz
Adminer

Postby smiffy6969 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Hiya,

It shouldn't be to hard to knock your own test or dev build.

If you install to local, then download all extensions via one click install, you should be able to upgrade your system with two clicks when new versions are released.

Trying to release multi versions takes up a lot of the time I have, but keeping your own install up to date would be very quick.

Smiffy
smiffy6969

Return to Off-Topic Discussions