Foot links for advanced users

Any off topic chat not related to anything, no spamming please.

Foot links for advanced users

Postby Adminer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi!

I think, Razor forum is "spam atacked" by some people, who wants to create a good google page rank for their clients. They can register on this forum, and write strange messages "how do you do" in style, but they have a link to the other clients pages "make money" in style. I think, they wants to create them very popular by Razor forum.
Is it possible to block foot links to the pages for all user with less then 20-50 posts in forum? What do you think about this?

Regards
Adminer

Re: Foot links for advanced users

Postby markfoz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Good idea! it keeps the rubbish from filling up the forum then, makes things easier to find.
People who do this are the scorge of the internet they ruin good forums and really, does this have such a great effect on their SEO getting a few temporarary links on some unrelated sites. Im not so sure.

Seems this phpbb forum does not suffer from the mass automated posts previous versions did, unless smiffy just keeps it well pruned. :)
markfoz

Postby smiffy6969 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:22 am

oh yes, I have to beat them with a stick......

you gotta see my ban list, man it's long, I did at one point ban the whole of china, but some people got upset, so i just knocked off the worst offending districts. Since then it has dropped. Although other countries are picking up the slack now.

I only need to spend several hours a week doing this now, but maybe this would help so I will look into a way to do it on phpbb like you said, sigs for repeated members.

smiffy
smiffy6969

Postby Adminer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Today I have founded a demo of a very interesting script, for everyone who want to have your own tinyurl.com ;-)
The script is described here: http://tinyurl.com/refqh
You can see Admin Area Demo, and frontend there.

My idea is, that if someone who wants to register on RazorCMS forum, and paste his "homepage" link into forum article or footer - script such like this should convert his link into something like this: http://www.razorcms.co.uk/M6985

If anyone wants to see that, should open this link into his browser, captcha, and then the link or site will be displayed.
Anyone will not be interesting to come in here, and "spam" forum by his links :twisted:
Such blade pack like this will be welcome too :-)

Regards
Adminer

Postby smiffy6969 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 am

Good idea, I think we could definitely offer some way that masks the links and offers another page (not a redirect) requesting info before proceeding, this would have two good results, first stopping spam links being indexed properly, and second replace them with razor internal links strengthening the outgoing links on the razor website......

At present I am working on razorCMS XL which will be the latest version as such, I may still keep the old razorCMS series alive too, not sure yet, but the new xl series will be using a variation of the snoopple UI that I developed, that has a twist and also is more orientated to suit ranging screen sizes and touch type technology.

As soon as I have some spare time, I will look into this, I just want to get as much done on the new system as possible while i have the time.

smiffy
smiffy6969

Return to Off-Topic Discussions