razorCMS Version 3.0.0 Alpha

Latest news and announcements about razorCMS and the community.

razorCMS Version 3.0.0 Alpha

Postby smiffy6969 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Hiya guys.

I have created a clean build here of first alpha of razorcms v3.

THIS IS A COMPLETE RE-WRITE!!!

Please note that this is not currently production ready, by all means test it, use it, break it..... For now report any issues back here in this thread, I will be overhaling the site and the forum etc for this ner version so until we are up and running with something stable we will have to do this ad-hoc as I see no point in wasting time setting up the forum for feedback until I have redone the whole site + forum.

There are no instructions yet, thats because I want to see how intuitive it is, if people can feel their way around it or not.

It has bugs, thats for sure, but I need to get something out for people to break while I am adding missing features. Yes features are missing but there is enough to get you going with a site.

At present thee is only one dwfault theme, this feature to add themes is not added yet.

MIssing

Theme changes
user additions
user forgotten password
user activation
file browser
changing homepage (locked to page_id 1 which you cannot delete)

This build is a clean build, with no default data apart from enough to get you going.

username: razorcms@razorcms.co.uk
password: password

admin tools requires IE9+, chrome, firefox, safari
public site should be good for IE7+

You should be able to log in and change the user name and password from the dashboard

to access the login, add /admin to the end of the url and you will convert the system to an angular version that will allow you to edit the content as you are viewing the page, and will allow you to open the dashboard using the target icon top right.

To installl..... well just copy and dump the files as they are on a server. Thats it.

I am working on missing features, I just want people to see how it works and comment on what works for them, what doesn't, if the way we are editing makes sense etc.

source is here: https://code.google.com/p/razorcms/

this will be updated now on a daily/weekly bases with new features so you can use this for your latest builds....

or you can download this clean snapshot here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1440

This has no data in it like I say, but in future I will push it with a simple set of data to allow people to get an idea of how it works.

THIS IS ALPHA SOFTWARE..... it is secure for certain, just don't use for production unless you are happy to put up with bugs.

smiffy
smiffy6969

Re: razorCMS Version 3.0.0 Alpha

Postby smiffy6969 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Several updates added to master branch now, if you want these, then pull a new copy down from master (google code razorcms)

Added...

Disabling of buttons and switches if page is home page
settings page (just site name for now)
setting of home page from 'pages' area on dashboard

I may well try to release a build every week with the latest progress.... I see no point making people wait for huge lists of additions or changes, lets just give you guys a build each wee if I can, failing that, stop by at google code https://code.google.com/p/razorcms/ and pull a copy off at any time to get latest changes (which will happen every few days)

smiffy
smiffy6969

Re: razorCMS Version 3.0.0 Alpha

Postby smiffy6969 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Added more updates to source (google code)

Added theme extensions.......
Added 3 new variations on the default theme and added them to source.

New build coming at the weekend with latest changes if you are struggling pulling the source form google code.

smiffy
smiffy6969

Return to News and Announcements