blog extension v1 released

Latest news and announcements about razorCMS and the community.

blog extension v1 released

Postby smiffy6969 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:24 am

New year extension released today at version 1.

Add multiple blogs to your site, view most recent blog entries, share blog entries and comment using disqus.

Available now in the extensions area.

Paul
smiffy6969

Re: blog extension v1 released

Postby MAM » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi Paul,

can you tell me how to add a read more button? (or where i can define the text limit for each blog)
where is the hook of the blog urls (i would like to make it more seo friendly)
MAM

Postby smiffy6969 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi,

You can click the blog entry tile from the tile list, as well as click the title in the tile (for SEO, you get a better link on the title text than you would a read more button).

There is no text limit for the blog entries.

Hooks for blog URL's? if you need to get the URL of a blog entry, click the tile (or title) and copy the url you are sent to, or right click it and copy link address...... you can use this to point to the blog entry. The URL only needs the ID setting in the URL, but the URL also contains the title text. This means it will help SEO and will also not matter if you do change the title later own (link will not break).

It is not possible to make the URL clean, it has to be query string, this is because it will interfere with the CMS routing. Sure you could probably get the pair working but it would mean a specifically crafted re-write for every install so it is not feasible. If you think you can improve on this by all means go for it, but I cannot put anything into core that will mean purpose re-writes for each install, so you changes could get lost on upgrade.

If you want to share with others there are links under the title for facebook, twitter, linked in, google plus (reddit will also show once the next core update goes through).

Tried the best method for getting this to work well with the CMS, you have to understand if you want an awesome clean blog, install a blog, not a CMS. If you ant a CMS that you can blog on, then this works fine. Use the right tool for the job!

regards

Paul
smiffy6969

Postby Davidsound » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Thanx for this extension.
I was looking for some documentation/user guide about it. But it is pretty intuitive.
In fact, among all the DB-less/flat files CMS I tried last year (15 at least), razorCMS was missing that extension to be in my selection.
Great job!
Davidsound

Postby smiffy6969 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:49 am

No problem. I have been a bit lapse round here lately as work and life are getting in the way, my personal life is a bit complicated.

I am planning more extensions, I have changes to extension system half done to correctly create instances of extensions, I also am working a lot towards web components so will drag this in too.

Will be back on this pretty soon with new version and subsequent extensions too.

Paul
smiffy6969

Return to News and Announcements