Improvements planned...

Latest news and announcements about razorCMS and the community.

Improvements planned...

Postby smiffy6969 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:03 pm

I am a bit tied up at the mo with stuff but I am trying to currently work on improvements to the extension system.

I started to document it the other day and noticed it is very lacking.....

I plan to introduce a proper extension class with interfaces so we can correctly extend this with the correct interface to create extensions.

The end result will force you to create a correct structure for each extension type, will reduce the need for multiple manifests in themes and will correct expose system properties and extension properties and functions.

Hopefully when this is done, we will haev a much more robiust and extendable extension system. I plan to bundle stock extension methods, properties so getting thiings like settings will be as simple as $this->settings from teh extended class.

This will not break current extension so the old ones will be backwrds compatible.

Give me time to work this out, I have a lot built in theory, but life is getting in the way a little.

Paul
smiffy6969

Re: Improvements planned...

Postby Youness » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your awesome work :-)

I start using razorCMS, I am happy to work with and I look for your next release.

In my side, I'm working on a nice template I wish to share with other users soon.

I wish to you a lot of inspiration and courage to continue working on this project.

Youness.
Youness

Return to News and Announcements