Categories

General chit chat about razor, not specifically related to a topic but about razorCMS

Categories

Postby ragou » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm sorry for my stupid question, but I can't understand what are "categories" for.
I add them, remove them and nothing happens.
May be someone can explain to me as for a dummy.
ragou

Re: Categories

Postby Adminer » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:14 am

ragou wrote:I'm sorry for my stupid question, but I can't understand what are "categories" for.
I add them, remove them and nothing happens.
May be someone can explain to me as for a dummy.

It is a matter for the philosopher :-), but in real world... When you have the first instalation of RazorCMS, you can find categories:
- top-navigation;
- sidebar;
- footer.

When you add a new page to sidebar category - this document is created and the link to this document is displayed... in the place described in your skin theme.
When I came in on this forum - I had the problem with it too: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=536

As you can see - your theme has a regions to displays your links.
In your code from your skin theme, you can find a PHP code: <?php loadLinks('top-navigation'); ?> - to display all links from lop-navigation category.
You can find a PHP line: <?php loadLinks('sidebar'); ?> - and it's a place to display all your links that are "glue" to sidebar category.
And a line: <?php loadLinks('footer'); ?> - because there are all links from footer category.

As you can see now, you can create a new category, for example: 'mylinks', and use it to display another block of your menu in your skin theme, but before you should write in your php theme this block: <?php loadLinks('mylinks'); ?> in corect place. To do this - you should know HTML. All skins for RazorCMS are created from HTML themplates, and all places for menu are replaced by RazorCMS php code - from your existing categories.

You can create your own category, and rewrite your skin theme to display block of menu "connected" to this category.
If you don't want to do this - you have three default categories and infobar to use only.
If you want to create your own category - remember to use small abcd... - not ABCD... characters, and without !@#$%^...etc characters. Razor don't like bad names for categories ;-).

Regards
Adminer

Postby jamescbrown » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:44 am

thanks it helped me alot

LINK REMOVED
jamescbrown

Postby smiffy6969 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:00 pm

jamescbrown I do hope your not spamming, popping in, leaving useless comments with no purpose then dumping links is naughty, keep it up I will ban your IP and the surrounding area, I have no time for spammers.

smiffy
smiffy6969

Return to General Discussions