Little eye, little pencil icon

General chit chat about razor, not specifically related to a topic but about razorCMS

Little eye, little pencil icon

Postby kentaur » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi, I know it may be evident, but still at the moment I could not figure out what the meaning of these small icons left to the page or content names. Actually, for the pages and content that came with the installation package, the little eye does show up only at the backend, not in the front end (once leaving the back end panel). While for those I created, the eye becomes crossed and do always show up at the back. I think the eye icon indicates the publication status. If this is so, then I have to reword my problem. In this case I do not know how to publish my new pages (linked to the menu).

I would suggest the little pencil may mean editing, or better being edited (being still open for editing outside the admin overlay), but I am not sure.

Thank you for your help in advance.
kentaur

Re: Little eye, little pencil icon

Postby smiffy6969 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:16 am

Hi,

Eye anywhere in the system will denote the status of the page as you rightly suggest. An open eye simply means the page is active. Active means visible to public. This allows you to edit and view pages without having to show them to the public as you build the page.

Eye with a slash is not active, meaning only visible to those that have edit permissions.

To change this, hit the page you want to activate, click the overlay icon to load the overlay, the default landing page for the overlay is the page details page on the left of the menu. On this page you have settings and details for the page you are currently viewing. There is a big button o. This page to activate the page so it is publicly viewable.

When searching through all pages, the same icons are around to tell you what pages are active and what pages are not. The pencil icon shows you which page you are currently editing.

Smiffy
smiffy6969

Re: Little eye, little pencil icon

Postby kentaur » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi smiffy, thanks so much.
kentaur

Return to General Discussions