admin logon

Help with configuring and installing razorCMS

admin logon

Postby warcraftpeon » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:09 am

k....downloaded razorcms, changed password, uploaded to my webserver....
default hompage displays fine, i go to site/admin, input my changed user/pass..it just reloads the login page...
thought i had goofed something up, so redownload/upload using the default user/pass...same thing..it just reloads and wont authenticate
even tried simple 1234/1234 as user/pass....same deal--reloads page...
tried using ie instead of firefox--same deal--so its not a browser issue.

wazzup doc?

have been testing other cms/php/mysql proggies so i dont think its my webserver....
anyone have any ideas?????
even searched site for an older version, but all i can find links for are the .3 version or upgrades from .2.

any ideas???
warcraftpeon

Re: admin logon

Postby Silicon » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi,

Password must be in SHA-1 hash.
You can use this tool: http://easychar.com/sha1.do

Best regards
Silicon

Postby warcraftpeon » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:39 pm

thxs....works now...i must have missed that in the docs. had commented to someone that the default pass looked like a hash, but didn't follow thru with that in my testing...
txs again
-warcraftpeon
warcraftpeon

Postby smiffy6969 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Glad it's fixed, might not be in the user guide doc, but should be in the readme i think. I need to update the user guide anyhow.

Just a note for others, please please use the installer, it is the only way it will improve, I know the temptation to do it manually will always be there, but please understand that if you do install razor manually and have issues, you may well be introducing them yourself.

Use the installer, if it fails then by all means go for manual, but be warned there might be something you have overlooked......

ta

smiffy
smiffy6969

Postby Gail » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi there! Wanted to try out this light-weight CMS to get another perspective of webdev and curiousity.

However can't login after uploading CMS to webhost though login-fields and other doesn't load.
Get these errors:
>GET http://theodors.net/rars/user/basic/current 404 (Not Found)
> GET http://theodors.net/library/js/angular/angular.js 404 (Not Found)
it complains on several lines of angular.js, require.js, admin-access-module.js...

Have tried it in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Same issue.

Be bothering like mail but it was impossible to find where to post in the forum.

Thnx!
Gail
Gail

Postby smiffy6969 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:37 pm

it's not difficult.... you can clearly see you are using v3 adn you have posted in v2.X forum.... there is a whole forum labelled V3.

That aside, have you attempted to read any of the help in the installation section of the V3 forum?

Here it discusses things like server requirements, as well as detailing them on the downloads page of the razor website.

I would suggest you have a mod rewrite issue, so let me point you in the correct direction...

V3 area

viewforum.php?f=66

V3 installation forum

viewforum.php?f=67

Main forum

index.php

from the main page, each blue box separates the diferent areas.... each area has a title....

so the first area is plain generic razorcms stuff...

the second blue box is for v3, you can tell this by the title RAZORCMS V3.X
the third blue box is the v2 area, you can tell this by the title RAZORCMS V2.X

So you are running V3 by the sound of it, you need the v3 area. In this area there are four forums, you are having trouble with installation so I would suggest you start there.

Paul
smiffy6969

Return to Installation Issues