[DEPRECATED] Editing links, HTML-mode not working (tinyMCE)

Bug reports on core system for v1.2 STABLE only.

[DEPRECATED] Editing links, HTML-mode not working (tinyMCE)

Postby TMHB » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Hello,

upgraded/migrated to V1.2 today, editing of links and HTML-mode is not working?! :?
When clicking on the icon for editing pages, I can edit this page, but not switch to HTML-mode, and if I try to change a link for example (right-click, "Inser/edit link") the same result: a pop-up opens, and my page is displayed. Not possibility to chance anything...

Where's the problem? How can one solve it?
Thanks!

TMHB
TMHB

Re: Editing of links and HTML-mode is not working (tinyMCE)

Postby smiffy6969 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:29 pm

I have dropped support for tinyMCE, I have been having too many issues with it. Sorry to mess you about, can you try CKeditor on the main website.

http://www.razorcms.co.uk/archive/blade ... editor.zip

Try this, this is 'thee' editor I will be supporting from now on, as well as nicedit for the minimalists amoung us.

smiffy
smiffy6969

Re: Editing of links and HTML-mode is not working (tinyMCE)

Postby Adminer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 pm

smiffy6969 wrote:I have dropped support for tinyMCE, I have been having too many issues with it.
smiffy

I create a new bladepack with new TinyMCE and I have the same problem.
a/ TinyMCE bladepack is working ok in all old versions,
b/ it is not a problem with jquery - I removed all jquery to test and the problem is the same;
c/ it is not a problem with css file - I removed all jquery css and the problem is the same;

So, the problem is in razorCMS core.
Hypothesis:
When you click “Edit HTML Source“, tinyMCE will open up this source editor file using the URL defined in razorCMS, and this file in turn will execute some javascript to allow you to edit the HTML code. Due to some cross-site scripting security restriction in tinyMCE, if you happen to visit your site with a slightly different URL than the URL in CMS, e.g. with or without the www, then the javascript in source editor html will not be executed properly.
The “Edit HTML Source” popup will not work due to the cross-site scripting security restriction. Because your-razor-site and www adress from CMS are not considered the same, the javascript from the main tinyMCE editor cannot interact with javascript in the source editor html file, which is being opened through a "different domain".
Something goes wrong, probably all links are not the same for this editor. Solution: not founded yet.

Regards
Adminer

Re: [DEPRECATED] Editing links, HTML-mode not working (tinyM

Postby smiffy6969 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 pm

The issue may be due to the new htaccess file, remove this and try again, if it solves the issue, let me know, I will put some conditions in there to ignore the admin.

smiffy
smiffy6969

Postby Adminer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:13 pm

smiffy6969 wrote:The issue may be due to the new htaccess file, remove this and try again, if it solves the issue, let me know, I will put some conditions in there to ignore the admin.
smiffy

Yes, I removed this file and TinyMce works now ok with all buttons.

Regards
Adminer

Postby smiffy6969 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:01 am

noted, I will look into adding some conditions into htaccess to ignore anything in the admin folder.

It's the new htacess rewrite for advanced mode, if you are using standard sef url mode, just revert back to the old htaccess file that should work.

It's tiny mce and how it is loading the functionality in the window it pops up, this is why I have droppped support for it, I keep finding more issues with it every day.

The htaccess fix will stop this from happening though.

smiffy
smiffy6969

Postby Adminer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:07 am

smiffy6969 wrote:It's tiny mce and how it is loading the functionality in the window it pops up, this is why I have droppped support for it, I keep finding more issues with it every day...

ckEditor is one of the best - I like it, because it's not "so agresive" for my html code, etc... But now I was founded one hosting thats hate java scripts from ck - and logout me in Firefox or IE. Only Lunascape browser is working ok - so, in many times a comfort of our job was... depended from our browser.

But if ckEditor stops working on such hosting, we need something more in alternative (in this moment our PGRFilemanager is not working there, because the path for root is only '\' there - and have a problem - I do not discover why yet...)
It's may be NicEdit, TinyMCE, Elrite, SPAW, Xinha, Whizzywig, Bueditor, markItUp, OpenWebWare, WyZZ, YUI Rich Text Editor, HTML 5 WYSIWYG Editor, etc... They all may works with razorCMS, and with a long list of filemanagers there. And all bad atackers will have more to do, to find a goal, if we have many editors to use.
BTW, TinyMCE is very raw - it's for free, so it's the tool as many for all programers and there are many options to configure in java code. The basic advantage - it works ;-)

Regards
Adminer

Postby TMHB » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:16 pm

I switched to ckEditor - and like it!
TMHB

Return to Bugs - Core V1.2 STABLE [DEPRECATED]