Audio Player

Talk about all extensions including themes.

Audio Player

Postby smiffy6969 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Some teasers.... got it audio player going, with falback to flash/silverlight etc for the IE PITA...

worked out the issues, should be able to release a video/audio player with some styling available and maybe playlist or standalone....

Hope to get up and runnng in teh next few days

smiffy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smiffy6969

Re: Audio Player

Postby smiffy6969 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Hiya,

I have a sample version of the audio player extension (well it's actually a media player, does video too)....

anyone wants to have a play, here you go, I will release when finished testing

Just add the extension, select it into your page, and configure the values in the etension. Will play a playlist (no auto move to next track yet) will play single file with no play list shown (so if you have more than one file in the playlist folder and you put a file name to play, it will ignore the others and go into single play mode).

Folder is auto created on first load, and all tracks go in the storage/files/razorcms/media-element-player/[album name] folder.

Some config on layout, size, colour... this is for trials only, I hope to have a pukka version ready in the day or so with missing features, you will be able to upgrade too from this so if you use this to test and build, overwriting the files will give you the latest version when I do release.

There will be a system upgrade that is needed for this to fully work (justify center will not work yet as the css is added to core system) as well as htaccess update to ensure correct endcoding of files.

Code: Select all
AddType video/ogv .ogv
AddType video/ogg .ogg
AddType video/mp4 .mp4
AddType audio/mp3 .mp3
AddType video/webm .webm
AddType image/svg+xml svg

By the time I am finished with this we should be able to do audio, video, multiple codec (i.e. if you add two files with the same name, one mp3 one ogg it will be able to pick the one you need)...... quite a nifty little player, thanks to John Dyer [http://mediaelementjs.com/], you da man.

have a test peeps and tell me whats not playing where!

smiffy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smiffy6969

Postby ghostgum » Mon May 05, 2014 3:51 am

Thanks for this! VERY promising!! I like the potential layout editing in the extension (justify, color etc.)! Looks to be fully responsive CSS too - GREAT!!

I think I've missed something here though, I only end up with a white square with the track number and file name in it in firefox, chrome, safari and IE10.
I've updated the .htaccess with the mime types (by copy pasting the code block you had there... It looked right to me), Razor sees the extension fine, the extension creates the right folder and seems to see the file is there. The file name shows up in the source code, there's no errors or warnings in console... Not sure what I've done wrong?!?

Is it not loading the style.css?

You mention a system upgrade, but I'm running 3.3.3 and that's saying there's no update available? Is this where the problem is?

The only other thing I noticed is no spaces can be used in the folder name, not a big deal but thought I'd point it out?

Can style.css be edited to change color of the file playing bar etc. without any drama's elsewhere in Razor?

Thanks
again
ghostgum
ghostgum

Postby smiffy6969 » Mon May 05, 2014 9:23 am

Yeah it is probably a bug in the extension, it worked enough to me at the time to share it with you but may have had a few bugs...

I am pretty close to a release, and yes no spaces in file names (as it messes URL up when retrieving file) There should be a regex to stop this so I will check it.

No there is not currently an upgrade, what I meant is that there will be an upgrade made available at the same time the extension is released.

ta

smiffy
smiffy6969

Postby smiffy6969 » Mon May 05, 2014 3:34 pm

I have pushed a new media player extension to the website, give it a try and let me know how you get on.

You will need to update your system to ensure it works correctly.

Uses media element player, supports ie8 up nicely and runs on chrome and ff too. Uses a fallback to silverlight or flash, uses default media player if browser supports natively.

This will play video, audio and will also give a playlist if more than one audio file present in folder.

Ta

Smiffy
smiffy6969

Postby ghostgum » Tue May 06, 2014 1:26 am

This is fantastic! Great work Smiffy! Easiest inline mp3 player I've seen on a CMS! Loads fast too!!! :D
ghostgum

Postby smiffy6969 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Awesome..... Should also give you an idea of how to integrate jquery and other micro is tools.

I will try to get some extension docs created at some point. I am getting a good idea now of how it is all fitting together...

Smiffy
smiffy6969

Return to Extensions