Photo Gallery won't display images after uploading

Talk about all extensions including themes.

Photo Gallery won't display images after uploading

Postby DiggityWebMgmt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 am

Hello,

I recently installed razorCMS for my website FloraBamaTrans.com. So far the only issue I've run into is getting the photo gallery extension to work. I have the latest version of razorCMS installed, and I installed the photo gallery extension via the "Install Extensions Menu" on the dashboard. The problem is, when I add the extension to my home page, after uploading photos with the extension's "MultiUploader", none of the photos ever show up. I checked the directory manually to see if the photos had uploaded, and they did. All of them, 100% successfully.

I then tried following the instructions via this page on the razorCMS website: http://www.razorcms.co.uk/extensions/photo.html. It actually had me upload the photos manually to an entirely separate directory (which I had to manually create). But still, after successfully uploading the exact same photos as before, none of them seem to display on the photo gallery extension that I have placed on my site's home page.

I've tried using a number of different photo sizes, file formats (png, jpg, tiff, gif, etc), and absolutely nothing seems to fix the problem. Any ideas what could be causing the problem? Here's a few screenshots I took that ought to help explain what I'm experiencing better.
DiggityWebMgmt

Re: Photo Gallery won't display images after uploading

Postby smiffy6969 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:42 pm

Hiya,

Sorry your having issues....

the correct path for the pages to install to is the following...

storage/files/extension/photo/razorcms/photo-gallery/NAME OF YOUR ALBUM/YOUR IMAGE.png

you need to substitute the name of your album and your image.

I am going to take a wild guess and say you didn't give your image gallery an album name.

You need to install the extension, then go to the page you want to use it, then click the puzzle piece to add an extension, from here add the image gallery extension to the page.

Next you need to enter an album name, this is so that we can limit the image gallery to only the images you place into that album. click save to save the page and revert back to the non editor view. From here you will be able to click the button upload images to your gallery.

This is the only thing I can think you may be doing wrong, you do not have an album name set.

let me know how you get on.

Paul
smiffy6969

Postby marc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Hello,
same problem here (last version razor cms & photo gallery ext -> 02/09/2014)
Following your instructions :
I manually upload pictures there :
storage/files/extension/photo/razorcms/photo-gallery/NAME OF YOUR ALBUM/YOUR IMAGE.png
I create a page, add the extension, and give the NAME OF YOUR ALBUM
I revert back to the non editor view and via the upload button I (try to) upload the images in the gallery

1-The default folder does not correspond to the storage/files/extension/photo/razorcms/photo-gallery/NAME OF YOUR ALBUM/
2-I switch there and upload images
3-Nothing happen : blank gallery

As Paul above, no results.
What i s wrong / don't understand ?

Marc
marc

Postby marc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:09 pm

[Edit]
1-I manually do not upload anything
2-I create a page with the plugin and assign an album name : froggy
3-I switch to the non editor view and upload images from an arbitrary place
4-Nothing happen : blank gallery
5-But if i take a look at the dir storage/files/extension/photo/razorcms/photo-gallery -> a new folder is here : froggy with the uploaded images in it

So, folder created, images uploaded but nothing is displayed

?

Marc
marc

Postby marc » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Bug found :

if the extension of the image file is uppercase : it does not work

xxx.JPG -> No
xxx.jpg ->Yes

Regards

Marc
marc

Postby smiffy6969 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:09 am

Thanks for this, I will update. It should be able to handle this (all images are forced to lowercase) so it may be something to do with how the editor handles this.

paul
smiffy6969

Return to Extensions