cannot send mail from contact form

Talk about all extensions including themes.

cannot send mail from contact form

Postby crishog » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:03 pm

I've just started to install the latest RazorCMS - I installed easily enough (no errors) and used the automatic installer to add a couple of extensions.

Everything has been going swimmingly, if al little slowly as I get used to it, but I've found an issue with the contact form extension - I get "Could not send message, please try again later." every time I use it.

Now this server works happily with Razor v2 - not that that is saying a lot if v3 requires something I've not installed. The sever is Ubuntu 13.x, Apache 2 with the latest PHP and a functioning Postifx mail server - I can easily add anything which is missing, but I'm not sure where to go next.

Is there a way of checking that everything required is set up? Or of getting some debug information from the contact form extension?

/Chris
crishog

Re: cannot send mail from contact form

Postby smiffy6969 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Have you set the email address you want the contact form to send to.

Go to extension screen, expand the extension and set the email address you want to use in the box provided.

If still giving errors please PM me your error log from storage/logs/razor_error_log.php

ta

Paul
smiffy6969

Postby crishog » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:23 am

I know RazorCMS is good, but I didn't think it was magic :-) so yes, I put in a target email address

the only thing in the log is

<?php /* [13 02 2015 - 03:40:56] [E_WARNING] [type: 2] [file:
/var/www/trythisout.co.uk/htdocs/Demo.Razorcms/library/php/razor/razor_file_tools.php]
[line: 231] [message: opendir(/var/www/trythisout.co.uk/htdocs/Demo.Razorcms/storage/files/images): failed to open dir: No such file or directory] */ ?>

of course this was all on one line. In fact it does exist & contains the one image I've uploaded as part of my testing. The tme seems too be about right for when I started, before the image load.
crishog

Postby crishog » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:44 am

from the apache logs I notice this snippet

"POST /Demo.Razorcms/rars/tools/email ...

but the rars folder contains api and that contains tools/email.php
crishog

Postby smiffy6969 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:50 am

That's fine it htaccess rewrites past api folder....

If you have no error logged for email I can only suggest you take a look to ensure sendmail is enabled on server.

You could also try doing a forgot password request on login screen to see if that email gets to you.

paul
smiffy6969

Postby smiffy6969 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:04 am

OK looks broken.... Not working on razor website. There have been a few big back end changes lately, so I will fix it today and push fix as soon as I have it sorted.

Paul
smiffy6969

Postby smiffy6969 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Managed to push a fix for the contact form extension this morning. You can try reinstalling it from the extensions installer to version 6.

When we moved to sqlite it looks like I didn't update this script, which was a dependency tool, I have now bundled this with the extension and will remove it from the core on next core release.

This should fix your issue.

On a side note one of my sites is still having an issue, the extension setting is not being read back. The dev branch is working fine, but an installation I have running is saving the setting but not displaying it again when going back into settings.

So your issue may be fixed with the extension upgrade or it may not, until i find the issue with this installation I will not know for sure.

Give the extension a try and let me know mate.

Paul
smiffy6969

Postby crishog » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:22 pm

That did the trick, works like a charm

I'll carry on poking about & give you any feedback.

Thanks for the rapid response

/Chris
crishog

Postby smiffy6969 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Yes I can confirm that should solve the issue for everyone.... for some reason my database had the extension type as Communication.... instead of communication.

This meant that due to some quirk, I could do a search on this and still match Communication to communication :/

But when fitlering on the results, I was doing a cased match, hence no value be read back for me. I deleted the entry in the DB, re saved my setting and it worked fine.

I can only guess that at some time or other, I had a capital letter in the extension manifest, this website has been upgraded from v3 up so it might have been like this for a while.

Anyhow, I have solved my issue and yours is fixed too, everyone else should be fine I guess with the new extension so thanks for pointing this out mate.

cheers

Paul
smiffy6969

Return to Extensions