Site Backup extension [stable]

Talk about all extensions including themes.

Site Backup extension [stable]

Postby Mula » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi,

this is extension: Site Backup v1.0
https://github.com/Mulanator/sitebackup

*requires RazorCMS 3.4.7+ *

It is just a simple site backup tool, utilizing the built-in backup class.

maybe useful for people who dont want to use a ftp client or shell.
Last edited by Mula on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mula

Re: Site Backup extension [unofficial]

Postby smiffy6969 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Cool....

just a few ideas...

1) It shows a message in the front end when not logged in, glad to see it checks access for the super admin account... Only thing is it shows a message, would it not be better to completely hide any output unless logged in?

2) There is a button for saving settings but no settings in the backend.... i need to check why the button is showing with no settings so this is my bad I will fix this bug in core.

3) This would be a good extension to add to a restricted page, that way you only get access to the page if logged in, and you only get the tool show up when you have access too.

4) Maybe if we add a setting to show message if not legged in.

5) I will extend the extension class so you can extract settings easily like you asked.

6) Feel free to just create a tools dir and put in that, I will add the category when we upload it. the category will auto add so just set it to what you want in your folders and manifest.

cool, like it

Paul
smiffy6969

Postby smiffy6969 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:54 pm

hiya,,, just going to push a feature to dev any minute.... you can use a dev copy to work more on your extension. I will release this in the next week or so

In manifest you can now define string, bool or int as a type of setting for extensions

Code: Select all
   "settings": [
      {"name": "view_blogs_label", "label": "View All Blogs Button Label", "placeholder": "The label on the button", "value": "View All Blogs", "type": "bool"},
      {"name": "view_blogs_label2", "label": "View All Blogs Button Label2", "placeholder": "The label on the button2", "value": "View All Blogs", "type": "int"},
      {"name": "view_blogs_label3", "label": "View All Blogs Button Label3", "placeholder": "The label on the button3", "value": "View All Blogs", "regex": "", "type": "string"}
   ],
   "content_settings": [
      {"name": "view_blogs_label", "label": "View All Blogs Button Label", "placeholder": "The label on the button", "value": false, "type": "bool"},
      {"name": "view_blogs_label2", "label": "View All Blogs Button Label2", "placeholder": "The label on the button2", "value": 2, "type": "int"},
      {"name": "view_blogs_label3", "label": "View All Blogs Button Label3", "placeholder": "The label on the button3", "value": "dsdsada", "type": "string"}
   ]

in your view you can pull content settings out as follows using the class method

Code: Select all
$this->extension_settings($manifest, $c_data, "communication", "mula", "sitebackup");

You just need to send in the $manifest, $c_data and then the type name, handle and extension name, you should get back an array of extension specific and insctance specific settings.

You will need to grab the dev build though from github to take advantage of this ;)

enjoy, need any help just let me know.

Paul
smiffy6969

Postby Mula » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Ok i ve made some minor changes to this extension,

merely moved the category from communication to tools and modified the outputs a bit.

If you want, you can add it to the repo. the download link is still valid in post #1.

I will expand its manifest and tune it as soon as the improvements you made above get released in the main branch.

thank you ;)

joerg
Mula

Postby smiffy6969 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Ok,

I will be releasing next week probably, been a bit upgrade crazy the last few days so going to let the dust settle. I will give it a week or so and push another release, then after you have updated your extension I will add it for you no problem mate.

ta

Paul
smiffy6969

Postby Mula » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:12 pm

Last edited by Mula on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mula

Postby Mula » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 am

ups sorry my bad :? :ugeek:

content_settings are instance specific and only visible in the page!
settings are required for general extension settings.

nevermind my post above! :mrgreen:

I've finished the extension, please add it to the repository.
Mula

Return to Extensions