Media playyer (music)

Want something adding or changing?, maybe a blade pack.

Media playyer (music)

Postby burnr » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:46 pm

I have just discovered Razor and so far am liking it a lot. I plan to replace my current wordpress site with it, once I get it setup. So far so good.

Sorry if this has been asked and discussed before (I did search the forums) and maybe I'm just missing it, but...
Is there a blade pack or hack that allows a music player and list to be displayed on a page?
burnr

Re: Media playyer (music)

Postby Adminer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:13 am

burnr wrote:Is there a blade pack or hack that allows a music player and list to be displayed on a page?

Hi!
If you think about something like that:
http://blog.lacymorrow.com/projects/xsp ... /?t=Winamp
or
http://jplayer.org/download/
we have no such blade packs like this, but it is may be on the list "to do" ;-)

The problem is... what for?;-) It's only needed this by music creators, because if you want to put licenced mp3 files on your hosting and play them - you may be in trouble there by law ;-)

Videoplayer it's another thing and I think about it - because we can use youtube or vimeo, but it's nice to have razor videoplayer to display razor tutorials or our private films from many trips, etc...

Regards
Adminer

Re: Media player (music)

Postby burnr » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks for the quick reply and yes the links you supplied are similar to what I was asking about. :D

To answer your "why" part...because I like to have a music player so that visitors can listen to some of my favorite tunes.

My understanding of the legal issue you mention (at least for the US anyway)...and I could certainly be mistaken...is that it is ok to have music I have purchased available to play/listen so long as it is not offered for download.

Anyway, it's no big deal. If a blade becomes available in the future, great. If it doesn't, it certainly will not diminish my appreciation of RazorCMS. So far, I'm digging it a lot. My main concerns are security and active development and those aspects seem to be under control.
burnr

Re: Media player (music)

Postby Adminer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:42 pm

burnr wrote:My understanding of the legal issue you mention (at least for the US anyway)...and I could certainly be mistaken...is that it is ok to have music I have purchased available to play/listen so long as it is not offered for download.

Yes you are right, but it's may be a problem in many countries. For example in Poland we have many organizations that are looking for a person who are plaing music in public places - they notice that, and a person who is played, must pay for that like a radio station or djay - single licence for one dj is something about 500-800 euro per year, and you can play music in disco ;-) He must create a full list of played music before and tell them. And pay for that ;-)
Playing in public place - it's a problem in law. But if you use encryption in page - it's may be secure for all person who can login and your pass is not public for all ;-)

Regards
Adminer

Return to Suggestions