Please help me in choosing web hosting

Any off topic chat not related to anything, no spamming please.

Please help me in choosing web hosting

Postby jessekaye » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?
jessekaye

Re: Please help me in choosing web hosting

Postby smiffy6969 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:33 pm

3 options....

netbox, these guys are awesome, enough said....
a2hosting, use the link on the front page....
I can offer hosting myself, £12.99 a month...

if you want free, maybe the others can recommend the best free host.

smiffy
smiffy6969

Postby imdunal » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Wow man you may want to look http://www.one.com/en/ for real cheap web hosting. Starting up from 1.45 usd a month for 3000 mb. You can find anything that you need. Maybe this will do fine.
imdunal

Postby Adminer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:20 am

imdunal wrote:Wow man you may want to look http://www.one.com/en/ for real cheap web hosting. Starting up from 1.45 usd a month for 3000 mb. You can find anything that you need. Maybe this will do fine.

My private opinion about one.com

Pro
1. It's only virtual server, so if you want RazorCMS there, you have no problem with chmod for files, you can do everything with your files by FTP, or from Admin area, and you can edit your theme skin and css "on the fly" in File Manager. You can upload your graphics there. You have no any restriction with chmod there.
2. There is only newest PHP 5.3.5 - so if you can not rewrite RazorCMS code for that version of PHP, you can not run there without error notice.
3. Fresh phpinfo():
Linux srv193 2.6.26-2-vserver-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 9 23:51:13 UTC 2010 x86_64
allow_url_fopen On
safe_mode Off
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPEG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
Multilanguage support
Register globals off
max_execution_time 50 (some big php photogaleries will not working)
max_file_uploads 20
max_input_nesting_level 64
max_input_time 60
memory_limit 64M
4. HelpDesk is working. I have received an answer next day after my question.

Cons
1. It's only virtual server - so you can not edit php.ini file if you need for a very advanced blade packs. You can not change anything in main configuration.
You have no something like a cpanel etc... to change PHP version etc.
2. You must rewrite some RazorCMS php code to run in this 5.3.5 PHP virtual enviroment. Version 1.0 and 1.1 will not start without error notice.
"Test before buy" - download localhost: Wamp Server with 5.3.4 PHP for testing, rewrite_mod turn on there. If you can install Razor on Wamp localhost on your hardisk - you can buy this hosting.
3. You must rewrite htaccess file and SEFURL blade pack if you want this. Oryginal are not working there.
4. For my www, it's very slow hosting. About 10-20s to come and log in from Poland. But works ;-)
5. Forget about more advanced blade packs there - but for a very simple www service - it is good, if you don't need no more. It's not hosting for a big service with Drupal or Joomla, or any other big forum.
Adminer

Postby Mateo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:14 pm

jessekaye wrote:Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

For the past one year,I am using 9cubehosting.com for my web hosting.If you need web hosting,I would suggest you to get it from them.They provide good service with reliability.I am happy with my provider because yet I didn't get any problem related to my hosting.
Mateo

Postby nikol » Mon May 25, 2015 11:53 am

I know its old thread but I think no one has given exact answer.

May I know your current host? If your target location is UK then choose web hosting whose servers are located in UK.
You will get benefit in Google ranking.
nikol

Return to Off-Topic Discussions